Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Exit Interview

Not too long ago, my year-long stint as a contributor to the Uink.ca blog and website came to an end.

Looking at the experience, writing for a largely erotica-based website, there were a lot of facets I could talk about: How honored I was to be asked to be a contributor; The camaraderie of a small team of writers and friends; The pleasure of working on "Whispers Entice"; The thrill of working with, inspiring and being inspired by, some fantastic writers.

I could also tell tales of the dark side: The petty power plays; The lies and hypocrisy of team members; The out-of-check egos; The lowered bar of quality for some members of the group; Being stabbed in the back and fired.

But, in the end, the year-long ride was a job. Unpaid, building my exposure as a writer, getting the word out. No one can take that from me.

I was a contributing author for an erotica website, with more than a post a week, average. The quality and quantity of my work shone there.

It was a tremendous opportunity. But opportunities often come to an end, leaving us free for new opportunities.

Uink, thank you.

(c) Tortured Cyclone 2016
@TorturdCyclone

No comments:

Post a Comment