Tuesday, January 20, 2015

What Am I Doing Here?

What am I doing here?

I'm forty-four years old, married for almost 13 years, have two children, and work an average 55 to 60 hours a week, to keep my family fed.

How can I have the time to pursue a writing career? How can I continue my evolution as a Polyamorous man, a Dominant, and maintain relationships over distance?

Many people would be daunted just by the real-world burdens I bear. Since my wife's stroke in 2012, and the subsequent series of car accidents she had as a driver, she is no longer insurable, which makes me the only legal driver in our family. Since 2007, my wife has been on kidney dialysis, which has left me as the breadwinner for the family.

With all my responsibility, how can I look at others, and have relationships that are in addition to that relationship with my wife and children?

My answer is simple. How can I not?

As an Empath. I sense the feelings of those around me, those I contact. Knowing their feelings, it becomes easy to care for the people I connect to, bonding emotionally. In this manner, I discovered the truth that, at least, for me, love is neither singular or exclusive.

I chose to pursue my long-term ambitions as a writer, using Twitter as springboard and inspiration for my poetry. The momentum and confidence gained have led into this year.

Building on sales of poetry for the second Poetry Project by Fray'd Tag Publishing and Neverlasting by Fiery Verse LLC, my plans for 2015 include multiple collections of poetry, a campaign on IndieGogo, and this blog.

I invite all of you along for the ride, dear Readers.

TC

2 comments: