Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Repost: About the Hypocrisy of Wordplay

Originally Posted to @TorturdCyclone via TwitLonger:

How many times have you heard someone on Twitter excuse a series of explicit, erotic, intimate posts as "just wordplay?"

Too many. Including from my own tweets.

The fact of the matter is that social media is intimate. Sometimes, frighteningly so. There are things I tell here in my Tweets that I would never say to someone in the real world.

So many times, a person denies that they would ever cheat upon their spouse/partner/et al... And then they participate in wordplay. Explicit wordplay. Erotic wordplay. Hyper-romantic wordplay. Wordplay that even causes the readers to have a sexual response...

The most powerful and enticing wordplay is when the participants make it more than two people being clever and agile with their words. The strongest instances have emotional context, sexual context.

They bring release at climax... sometimes including physical release from voluntary or involuntary responses and stimulation.

So what is the difference if a woman seeking a lover's touch, if it is real or virtual? Should there be a distinction?

I argue there should not be.

If I wordplay with a woman the way I want to, she will feel pleasure. All that I can give her. That is my aim.

And how many tweets are there about seducing a woman's mind, and her body following?

Slippery slope here. Think before you play.

No comments:

Post a Comment