Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Why Do You Hate Me?

I don't know how it came to be
that I deserved your enmity,
however it's plain for any to see
that it is rancor that you feel towards me.

Did I say something that hurt your pride?
Did I cause you to look inside
and be disappointed with who you are
because I dared to follow my heart's star?

Did I commit the cardinal sin
of saying you weren't the best in
the field of artistic expressions
that you use to extol your transgressions?

Did I get in your way
from possessing someone yesterday
that you felt certain would give all?
That, to your lusts, she would fall?

Did I cause you to feel you fell
from the code of honor you tell
all and sundry you live by,
showing your words to be a lie?

Did I spurn you when you were sure
that all others I would abjure,
and turn to your arms to sin,
your lover only, your possession?

Did I illuminate truths about love
that challenged your illusions of
how certain relationships were meant to be,
making your choices far less saintly?

Or were you merely filled with envy
that I had blessings, gifts, popularity
you felt should be yours for all to see
instead of some other person like me?

The reasons don't matter, I will yield
to you this electronic battlefield,
because I have more important things to do
than waste my time with someone like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment